Connecting from Off-CampusSome resources, like article databases & e-books, are restricted to UMBC affiliates and on-campus users only.
- Current UMBC students, staff, and faculty can use either Single Sign-on or the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access e-resources from off-campus.
- UMBC Alumni and Special Borrowers CANNOT access e-resoruces from off-campus. Directions to campus.
- Other USM affiliates must use the access provided by the campus at which they are registered.
- From the Library's website, or the Library catalog, select the resource you want to use.
- When asked to select your campus affiliation, select UMBC.
- Log in with your myUMBC username and password.
Please report any problems using Single Sign-on to the Reference Department at 410-455-2346, or you can e-mail or chat with us at http://aok.lib.umbc.edu/askus/.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
NOTE: Some resources, especially those using Flash or Java apps, do not work well with the VPN. Please use Single Sign-on to access these resources.
- Connect to the VPN at https://vpn.umbc.edu
- Log in with your myUMBC Username and password
- Select the UMBC Library Homepage link to start using library resources (databases, e-journals)